This weekend we are opening our studio as part of the Peckham Festival 'Meet the Makers' Open Studios. We will have lots of sample sale goodies for sale so come down and meet us!
AURA QUE has been based at the Bussey Building in Peckham, South East London for three years now. Our stock has been stored at a warehouse in Newbury for the last year, who organise the picking and packing of our orders, so with the extra space, Laura now shares the studio with a fantastic illustrator Daniela Terrazzini, who creates the most wonderful illustrations for books, album covers and artwork. View Daniela's work here.
Illustration by Daniela Terrazzini
We are participating in the Peckham Open Studios between 14-16th September – with our studio open on Friday night, and Saturday/Sunday days – AURA QUE will have some sample sale ethical bargains available, and Daniela will be showing and selling her beautiful prints. Pop in to Studio BGM on the ground floor corridor in Block B. More info here.
For those not familiar with the area, here is our list of favourite places to eat, drink and relax in Peckham, without mentioning the obligatory rooftop bars!
- Salas Wraps van on Parkstone Road off Rye Lane – for the best falafel and halloumi wraps ever!
- Yadas Kurdish restaurant in the arches in Peckham Rye – for Kurdish mixed platters of kofte, humus and flatbreads, in the arches across the road from the rail station, and its BYOB.
- The Brick House for coffee on Bleinheim Grove – for great coffee and catch-ups!
- Beer Garden at the Rye Pub or the Old Nuns Head – for when the sun is out or drag queen bingo.
- Four Quarters and Canavan's Pool Hall – for letting your hair down in Peckham with some novelty video games and no frills pool.
- The Habit at South London Gallery café – for a cultural look around the gallery and yummy lunch.
- Peckham Plex – for winter hibernation and £5 films during Oscar season.
- Khans Supermarket on Rye Lane – an Aladdin’s cave for anything you have forgotten to buy, they usually have it!