For those not familiar with the area, here is our list of favourite places to eat, drink and relax in Peckham, without mentioning the obligatory rooftop bars!
- Salas Wraps van on Parkstone Road off Rye Lane – for the best falafel and halloumi wraps ever!
- Yadas Kurdish restaurant in the arches in Peckham Rye – for Kurdish mixed platters of kofte, humus and flatbreads, in the arches across the road from the rail station, and its BYOB.
- The Brick House for coffee on Bleinheim Grove – for great coffee and catch-ups!
- Beer Garden at the Rye Pub or the Old Nuns Head – for when the sun is out or drag queen bingo.
- Four Quarters and Canavan's Pool Hall – for letting your hair down in Peckham with some novelty video games and no frills pool.
- The Habit at South London Gallery café – for a cultural look around the gallery and yummy lunch.
- Peckham Plex – for winter hibernation and £5 films during Oscar season.
- Khans Supermarket on Rye Lane – an Aladdin’s cave for anything you have forgotten to buy, they usually have it!